Thursday 24 December 2015

This week's watchface - Metallic-4

Whilst I'm not a big fan of the name, I'm really enjoying this watchface at the moment, and have been for a couple of weeks now.  It's called the Metallic 4 (4 Colors- And 4 Dials) by bmg1001, and it looks like this...


As you can see from the preview, this is primarily an analogue watch, but with many additional features, including the digital time and the date displayed neatly at the top.  I've never seen a design quite like this, but I really like the symmetry of it.

The watchface has a number of different tap actions as well.  If you tap the digital date then it switches between 12 hour and 24 hour clocks - personally I prefer the 12 hour clock.

The top dial displays the weather, based on your WatchMaker settings (°C or °F, for example) and tapping the dial will refresh manually.

The right dial displays your watch's battery level as a percentage.  If you tap this dial it will toggle to the phone's battery level (which shows a "P" in the dial) and then tap again to get back to the watch's battery level.

The bottom dial displays the current day of the week.  If you tap this dial, it will toggle through the different colour options.  There's black, silver, red and blue - personally I prefer the silver one at the moment, also I've also been using black.

The left dial displays your current step count, as a percentage of your daily target.  If you tap this dial it will take you into the step count app, which for me is Google Fit, with a chart of recent days.

Overall I think this is a very stylish design, with plenty of functionality, but without overcrowding the screen with a complicated array of numbers.  I can see myself settling on this one for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment